Here are some of his greatest hits:
- He came three weeks early, on a Sunday morning, making his pastor daddy scramble to find a fill-in preacher.
- He was a precocious toddler, completely at ease with adults.
- Between the ages of 3 and 6 (more or less), he loved to tell a joke before bed each night, often making up his own.
- He once wanted to be a paleontologist truck driver preacher.
- He has loved Legos since he first discovered them at the age of 5.
- Several of his Halloween costumes have been book characters: Martin of Redwall, Basil Stag Hare of Redwall, Harry Potter and Ford Prefect of Hitchiker's Guide. He was also a very convincing Albert Einstein one year.
- His adoration of lemurs is well-known.
- He loves a good woodchuck joke.
- He is a fount of trivia knowledge. (I did check to see if font was the better word to use here...apparently either one can work. *grin*)
- He has loved US presidents trivia, civil war and other history facts, Redwall, Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms.
- He dotes on his littlest sisters and is a wonderful babysitter; he's known as Bubby.
- He is funny, sensitive, garrulous at times, friendly, bright, a great reader, outgoing, a hard worker and a kid with a huge heart.
What a gift we received 14 years ago.