Monday, February 8, 2010

Blushing at my lack of reporting--lots going on

It's been almost a month, sans a Christmas post, sans any major news sharing. Sorry!

I have exciting news to share, though, and wanted to get it out there.

Our kids have a history of enthusiastic participation in our school's plays. This year's musical is The Wizard of Oz. Moriah and Susannah auditioned for the school play last week. They have been waiting with bated breath for the cast list to be posted, asking me and the office staff repeatedly when it'll be posted. The cast list was posted this morning and Susannah was *hugely* happy to find out that she had been cast as Dorothy. I'm not sure I'll ever forget her wide-eyed, amazed look. Moriah was equally thrilled to be cast as the Cowardly Lion. (I've known about their roles since last Thursday...master at keeping secrets am I.)

Also, in related news (the 'related' being school events), Susannah defended her Queen Bee title by winning the Girdwood Elementary Spelling Bee. Her competition is on Feb. 26, the day after their Honor Band concert.

Finally, tomorrow is the 5/6 Battle of the Books competition for Moriah and Susannah. They're on a fairly strong team and should do pretty well. I'll hopefully share the results within the month! :o)

Okay, I just read this in 'preview' and it sounds like one of those braggy Christmas Cards. Oh, my son Soandso did this! My daughter Missalaineous is so amazing, she has had her own special award named after her! (barf)

Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, because I'm not trying to. I'm genuinely thrilled for my girlios and hope you are too.

1 comment:

  1. Brag away...you've got great kids. It is YOUR blog, that no one is forcing anyone to read :-) I'm so happy the girls got to tell me on phone about their parts though. Can't wait to see you all in person!!!!

    ReplyDelete