Saturday, March 14, 2009

baby cuteness

I discovered a few days ago that the little girls know "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed". Complete with finger shaking and grumpy eyebrows during the refrain. They had to have learned it at Little Bears because it's not something we've done with them. Makes me giggle just thinking about it.

Both little girls are into counting right now. Abigail is better at saying the numbers while pointing at objects...doing a one-to-one count. Bethany has a much faster finger than her numbers come out, so things don't get counted. Bethany is also the one who can count to ten; Abigail is almost there.

Often I will hold one of their hands, index finger extended, and help them point to individual items as we count aloud together. Tonight I came upon them looking at a counting book together. They were taking turns 'helping' each other point to the ladybugs and saying the numbers, just like I do with them. One would finish and then the other would say 'my turn'. Random cuteness at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment