Monday, March 23, 2009

tumble bumble down the stairs

I came home early from mosaics tonight and was greeted by Moriah who said "Bethany fell down the stairs." I didn't hear crying and no one seemed in a panic, so I assumed she was okay. Apparently the babes were sitting on the top of the steps, waiting for Daddy to finish a phone call, when Bethany took a header and ended up landing about 2/3 of the way down the stairs. She had a lightly bloody nose (it's kinda scraped under one nostril) and appears to be fine. (translation: Eyes are fine. Acting fine. Not holding any part of her body. No weird crying. No major nose bleed.)

I'm not sure why I'm blogging about this beyond the fact that I'm still slightly freaked that it happened and so very grateful she seems totally fine (except for the 'owie' on her nose). She's sleeping soundly, with many prayers being said by Mommy that nothing else is wrong.

I guess Natasha Richardson's death spoke to me in more ways than "always wear a helmet when skiing" (which is the absolute rule in our house)...like don't take hits to the head lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment